Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Born In The USA

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member starbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    5,852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Born In The USA

    this was a HUGE album back in the day and with the economic state we are in this song still speaks volumes

    [nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQkW0RPxptY&feature=PlayList&p=787F4A2F8B7 BC0FB&index=0"]YouTube - Bruce Springsteen - Born in the USA[/nomedia]
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member centennialdawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2003
    Posts
    3,263
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Born In The USA

    Actually, if you listen to the words of the song, he sings about draft-dodging and breaking the law.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member starbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    5,852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Born In The USA

    I don't know about draft dodging, the lyrics clearly talk about getting into trouble and being sent to Vietnam. talks about the draft and being forced into service.talks about the poor being forced to fight. And breaking the law in tough economic times is a reality. It also talks about factory's shutting down and people out of work. I don't see any draft dodging.
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member simple man's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 11th, 2008
    Posts
    1,001
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Born In The USA

    Quote Originally Posted by starbuck View Post
    I don't know about draft dodging, the lyrics clearly talk about getting into trouble and being sent to Vietnam. talks about the draft and being forced into service.talks about the poor being forced to fight. And breaking the law in tough economic times is a reality. It also talks about factory's shutting down and people out of work. I don't see any draft dodging.
    Some of us don't care to listen to all the words of'em divil worshipin' rock-in-rollers.
    We'll keep the lights on for you.
    Spuds

  5. #5
    Inactive Member starbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    5,852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Born In The USA

    [nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPudiBR15mk"]YouTube - Bruce Springsteen-Born In The U.S.A.[/nomedia]

    [nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOpIfbneeHg&feature=channel"]YouTube - Bruce Springsteen - Glory Days[/nomedia]

    [nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIqYn_1IdZU&feature=channel"]YouTube - Bruce Springsteen - My Hometown[/nomedia]

    [nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wo1npZWR5qk&feature=related"]YouTube - Bruce Springsteen - I'm On Fire[/nomedia]

    [nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pk8VZgJkpeg&feature=related"]YouTube - Bruce Springsteen - Dancing In The Dark[/nomedia]

    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVsIHcEg94U"]YouTube - Working On The Highway - Bruce Springsteen Paris 85[/ame]

    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2S4Hul4HW9E"]YouTube - Bruce springsteen - cover me (live)[/ame]

    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZarmRLa2p9Q&feature=related"]YouTube - Bruce Springsteen - I'm going down[/ame]

    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZJRaReb2Vc"]YouTube - Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band - Downbound Train[/ame]

    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8_h5iDU1iA&feature=related"]YouTube - Darlington County - Bruce Springsteen - Paris 85[/ame]

    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTCOnomkDFQ"]YouTube - Bruce Springsteen - Bobby Jean[/ame]

    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MD3DdskaPhs"]YouTube - No Surrender - Bruce Springsteen[/ame]
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

  6. #6
    Inactive Member starbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    5,852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Born In The USA

    Born down in a dead mans town
    The first kick I took was when I hit the ground
    You end up like a dog thats been beat too much
    Till you spend half your life just covering up

    Born in the u.s.a., I was born in the u.s.a.
    I was born in the u.s.a., born in the u.s.a.

    Got in a little hometown jam
    So they put a rifle in my hand
    Sent me off to a foreign land
    To go and kill the yellow man

    Born in the u.s..a....

    Come back home to the refinery
    Hiring man said son if it was up to me
    Went down to see my v.a. man
    He said son, dont you understand

    I had a brother at khe sahn
    Fighting off the viet cong
    Theyre still there, hes all gone

    He had a woman he loved in saigon
    I got a picture of him in her arms now

    Down in the shadow of the penitentiary
    Out by the gas fires of the refinery
    Im ten years burning down the road
    Nowhere to run aint got nowhere to go

    Born in the u.s.a., I was born in the u.s.a.
    Born in the u.s.a., Im a long gone daddy in the u.s.a.
    Born in the u.s.a., born in the u.s.a.
    Born in the u.s.a., Im a cool rocking daddy in the u.s.a.
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Unchained's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2005
    Location
    Norton, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    7,249
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Born In The USA

    By far the Boss' best work. Thanks for taking me back amigo.
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
    Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •